Emis Web API GetPatientSearches on PatientAccessEMISWebV4_2 (em_pacc.dll) - looking for parameter info

Hi Woolybear,

I’m also a GP trying to work with data in EMIS. I suspect we’ve got a lot of useful information to share with each other. Please tweet or message me on GitHub so we can discuss further.

@justcop

Hi Justcop. Looking at github, you may be right. Can’t see a way to message you on GH and don’t do Twitter. Probably just easier to email me - wizzywhatsit@trashmail.se is a good starting point without letting the spambots near my real email.

@dunmail have you done any work with DiaryEntries (FHIR Task)? I’m considering doing this as a hack at the next INTEROPen hack event. I’ll probably do MedicationReviews and Repeat Medication reordering.

The main idea however is to demonstrate how FHIR Workflow working between different providers.

@mayfield.g.kev No.

The mandate to use GP Connect for appointments meant that we stopped actively looking at diary management.

Hi Iain,
are you still working on this? I’ve just tried emailing you on your wizzywhatsit@trashmail.se address but it’s bouncing?
My spambox is dgm5555@gmail.com. David

Hi David - didn’t find a reliable way to extract diary entries but the rest of the XML parsing stuff worked ok as far as I recall. Haven’t touched it in a while.

Find it rather depressing re-reading this thread.

Have looked at API’s from several GP suppliers and roughly what they did was ok with a couple of issues:

• it’s XML (should be json) and using old tech (e.g. ole32)
  • needs to run on a client pc

These weren’t major issues. Rough ‘fag packet’ would be use OAuth2 Authorisation (authentication probably also OAuth2 e.g. openid) and a standard FHIR REST api.

BUT we got something which wasn’t really authorisation and it was FHIR payload but not the FHIR RESTful API most of the community wanted (e.g. get all diary entries for a Patient is probably GET /Task?patient={id}).
I would love to know where the requirements came from but it doesn’t seem to meet what was people in the community wanted.

I work for a supplier in a community sector and we’ve gone for what I suggest above. Interested to know if others in this sector are doing the same (OAuth2 + FHIR REST API following UKCore).

Can we force a standard??